How to open silent chests Diablo 4 - Obols are a brand new resource in Diablo 4, and are the only way to open rare locked chests that appear on the world map. If you find a glowing chest covered in chains, then you have found a Silent Chest.
Try to open it and you will get a notification that these chests require something called a Whispering Key. You might think of the whispering keys as a reward for defeating a nearby elite enemy or finishing a particular type of event quest. That's what we thought, until we finally scrolled through the Curio Vendor inventory.
The Curio Vendor is basically a gambling shop in Diablo 4 similar to the vendors in Diablo Immortal. Instead of buying specific weapons or armor, you'll spend obols to get a completely random item roll that matches your class and level. You can get a piece of junk or you can get an awesome legendary weapon.
Also Read: Tweakgator.com free skins and vbucks fortnite via tweak gator.com
How to use silent chests and get whispering keys Diablo 4
Silent Chests are locked golden chests that are found randomly in the environment. If you try to open a chest, you will get a message that these chests require Whispering Keys. Whispering Keys are a unique resource that can only be acquired from a specific vendor.
- Whispering Key Location: Can be purchased from Lizveth, Curiosity Purveyor in Kyovashad. Other curio vendors will also sell Whispering Keys, but this is the first location you'll be able to buy.
- Whispering Keys cost 20 obols.
Obols are a unique resource that can only be acquired by completing events - events occur randomly at specific locations on a region's world map. When exploring the map, you will surely discover an event in progress. Some events have difficulty levels. The more you survive, the more mites you will receive as a reward.
- How Pence Works: The Curio Vendor does not sell equipment like the Blacksmith or other Vendors. Instead, you will randomly get a type of equipment. The only non-random item the vendor sells is the whispering key, which allows you to roll the dice on silent chests. Depending on your build, you'll want to spend Obols on specific types of gear.
- Increase DPS: Buy Gloves with Oboles
- Increase defense: Buy Leg Armor with obols
- Increase Item Utility: Buy Chest Armor With Obols
- Increase Resource Farming: Buy Helmet With Oboles
- Increase Movement Speed: Buy Boots With Oboles
Also Read: How to Get Nightmare Sigils in Diablo 4
By following these simple tips, you should be chock full of Obols and Whispering Keys. I recommend clearing all events as you travel through an area. They're quick, easy, and a fun diversion from dungeon crawling. Often other players are already there, and any help will make these first few events much easier.