How to connect ps4 controller to phone - Sony's PlayStation 4 console is packed with many features, most of which you wouldn't use on a regular basis. The console doesn't just excel at gaming. From video editing to streaming music, movies, and TV shows, it can even be considered the best home entertainment system, but did you know that your smartphone can unlock even more features on your PS4? We're sure you're excited to try them all by now, but you need to connect your smartphone to the PS4 first. We will use the official Sony PlayStation app. So, without further ado, let's take a look at how to connect PS4 to your smartphone:
How To Connecting PS4 to your smartphone
Before proceeding to connect your smartphone to the PS4, make sure your console is updated to the latest firmware and that both devices are connected to the same WiFi network. Once you've downloaded the official PlayStation app from the Apple App Store or Google Play Store, simply follow the steps below to complete the process:
- First, you must go to "Settings" on the home screen of your PS4, which is indicated by a briefcase icon.
- Now scroll down and go to 'PlayStation App Connection Settings'.
- Once done, click "Add Device" to connect your smartphone.
- Now, a new 8-digit Code will appear on the screen, which you will need to enter into the PlayStation app to connect your smartphone. The 8-digit code will be valid for only 5 minutes.
- Open the PlayStation application on your smartphone and tap "Connect to PS4". At the top of this menu, you will see a "PS4 systems found" message. Now, tap on «Second Screen». You will see that your PS4 console will show up in the application. Press that to register your console to the smartphone.
- Now, enter the 8-digit code that was displayed on your PS4 and then click on 'Register'. Wait a few seconds for your PS4 to connect to your smartphone. Once connected, you will notice three options on the menu to disconnect, use your smartphone as a second screen, and control your console's power mode.
Also Read: How to play split screen in Fortnite on PS4 and Xbox One
Things you can do on PS4 with a connected smartphone
Now that you've successfully paired your smartphone with your PS4, let's take a look at all the things you can do right from the PlayStation app:
1. Second screen
You can use your smartphone as a second screen for your PS4 console. When you play a game that supports the second screen feature of the PS4, you will be able to view various information, statistics, and access unique features that are related to the particular game. That said, what you get from the Second Screen feature varies from game to game. You can access this menu by going to "Second Screen" and tapping the option at the top left of the screen.
2. Remote for PS4
Didn't you buy the Universal Media Remote for your PS4? Well that's nothing to worry about as you can use your smartphone as a remote control for your PS4, thanks to the PlayStation app. You will be able to slide and navigate the menu on your console. There are dedicated PS, Option, and Back buttons too, so you can have complete control over the PS4 system, without having to get up from the couch just to grab the wireless controller every time.
3. Virtual keyboard
Let's face it, typing on the PS4 using the controller is by far the worst and slowest way to go. Thank goodness Sony made it easy for us by letting us take advantage of the virtual keyboard in the smartphone app for all of our typing needs. You can access it by pressing the keyboard icon at the top left within the second screen menu of the PlayStation app.
4. Chat while streaming
This is a nifty feature that you can take full advantage of, especially when you're streaming your gaming session directly from your console. You may get responses to your broadcast in the chat section, and if you want to reply to them, you can use the smartphone app instead of using the Dualshock 4 controller and respond much faster without interrupting your game.
5. PS4 remote play
If you are using an Android device (sorry, iOS users!), You can make use of the PS4 Remote Play application that is available in the Play Store and play all your games directly from the comfort of your smartphone, especially if you have connected your Dualshock 4 controller to your smartphone with a stand. So you don't have to worry about your parents grabbing the TV remote and interrupting your gaming sessions.
Also Read: Tikfollowers.com Free followers and likes tiktok form tikfollowers com