Scan a QR Code on Android Without App - Your smartphone may be smarter than you think. When these devices first hit the market, third-party manufacturers designed apps to take full advantage of their capabilities.
If you want to use your phone as a flashlight or scanner, there are apps for that. The thing is, these programs take up space on your phone, and many become redundant thanks to tools added with updates. These services also have ulterior motives, such as data collection.
A good example is a QR code scanning app. QR codes can be found almost anywhere. These pixelated squares are used in advertising, retail, food packaging, business cards and more. By scanning it, you get more information about a product or be directed to a website. You no longer need an app for that.
Also Read: How To Fax Document From iPhone
How to Read QR with your Android camera app
Your Android phone's camera likely has the ability to scan QR codes without using a third-party app. (PssT! It also works on Apple iPhone.)
- Open your camera app, point at the QR code and hold it for a few seconds.
- If a notification appears, touch it.
- If you don't get notifications, go to Settings and enable QR Code Scanning.
How to Read QR Use your Samsung camera app
Samsung's camera app comes with native support for QR code scanning.
- Open your camera app, point to the QR code, and tap the popup. If you do not receive this notification, you must activate the function.
- Go to Camera Settings and enable Scan QR Code
How to Read QR Using Google Lens
Google Lens started as a feature on Pixel phones, but soon became a standard feature on many Android phones. This tool is part of your camera app and can do anything from identify dog breeds to translate text. Here's how to use it.
- Open your camera and tap More > Google Lens. You will now have a Lens icon which you can use whenever you open the camera.
- You can also use Google Assistant to activate Google Lens. Say "Ok Google," then tap Google Lens at the bottom right.
How to Read QR Using Bixby
Samsung's virtual assistant can help you learn more about anything with a QR code.
- Launch your camera app and tap on Bixby Vision. Then tap Allow, enable permission. Enable all popup permissions.
- Scan and tap Open to browse and view the contents of the QR code.
Also Read: How To Activate VoLTE or VoWiFi on Xiaomi
That's an easy tutorial on how to scan a QR code on Android without an application, I hope this post helps you, and I hope you can now scan a QR code on Android.