How to update iPhone if there is not enough space memory - Sure you will agree if it's time to update iPhone but there is not enough storage this can be a real headache. Since we know that trying to fix it can be very frustrating if you don't really know how to do it, we have prepared for you a valuable and instructive topic: How to update iPhone if there is not enough space
How to update iPhone if there is not enough space with iTunes and Finder
How to Update iPhone with iTunes
With iTunes, files for updates are downloaded to your computer, while only the necessary files are left on your iPhone, so you don't need any storage on your phone, so you don't have to worry.
Now, to update iPhone with iTunes from PC, you need to follow these easy steps to make it work:
- First, make sure you download the latest version of the iTunes app, regardless of whether your computer is a PC or a Mac.
- Then, you will have to connect your iPhone to the computer with a USB cable and wait for iTunes to detect it by itself, which may take a few seconds. If iTunes doesn't open automatically, you'll need to manually start iTunes yourself.
- Once inside the iTunes application, you must click on the iPhone icon, which is located under the program's playback controls.
- When you do this, a window will open where you will be notified that there is an update that needs to be done on your iPhone. If this message does not appear, you can go to the Summary tab and in this search and click the Check for updates option.
- Finally, you have to click Download and update in the window that will appear, then the required download will start updating the iPhone in the usual way, regardless of the available storage.
Also read: How to customize the iPhone home screen on iOS14
How To Update iPhone with macOS Catalina Finder
If you have a macOS Catalina computer, you can successfully update your iPhone with the Finder tool, even if your phone doesn't have enough space, by following the steps given below.
First of all, you need to make sure that you have the latest version of macOS Catalina on your computer for the process to run properly. Then, with your USB cable, connect your iPhone phone to your mac and hope it detects it properly.
Now you have to open a Finder window, for this you have to press the symbol , and space bar at the same time on your keyboard. Or you can also find it in the top menu bar, select Finder > File > New Finder folder, then in the column on the left side of the screen, select your iPhone and then click on the Summary tab.
Finally you search and choose where the option to update your equipment comes out, you start downloading and that's it, your iPhone will be updated even though it has no storage space.
What you can do before updating your iPhone
If what's preventing you from updating your iPhone is a lack of storage, there's an obvious solution to this: delete everything you don't need on your phone.
For example, you can delete old voice memos, because you will be surprised to know that even if you delete sound clips from your phone, they are not deleted immediately. Often and without realizing it, you can have tons of old voice memos taking up space on your phone. To delete it, you have to access the Phone > Voicemail option and from there delete it to free up space on your iPhone.
Like the voice memo problem, it happens to photos that you should "delete", as these aren't being deleted at this time, taking up space on your phone without you even knowing it.
Another good option is to delete apps you no longer use, as some apps are very heavy and take up space that you could use to update your iPhone. In the same way, video files you no longer see or podcasts you no longer listen to, you should delete them to make more space on your phone.
On the other hand, if you don't want to throw anything away, you can take advantage of iCloud to store your files, photos, videos, music, and more, keeping your mobile storage free.