How to delete a Twitter account - Opening a Twitter account is quite simple, sticking with it can be problematic. Don't think that once you are on this social network you have to stay, you can delete your Twitter profile in a few seconds. That's one of the great advantages you have on this social network. And the same freedom of expression you have, can make you want to delete your Twitter account.
While the process takes seconds, it's temporary if you eventually decide to have your account again. Since Twitter keeps your account inactive for 30 days, after this time, if you think about it, it will be enough to log in to reactivate your account or after today it will be deleted completely without taking any other action.
Also Read: How to create thread on Twitter
How to delete Twitter account From phone
Please note that you cannot delete a Twitter account from Android and iOS, in this case it can only be done using a mobile browser. Preferably, you need to use Google Chrome or Opera. Deleting your Twitter account requires nothing but logging in and following the steps below.
- The first step is to open the web browser you are using on your mobile device. You have to enter the URL https://twitter.com/ and you have to sign in with your data.
- Once you are logged in, you have to click on your Twitter profile on the profile picture. Once you have done this step, you have a menu of options and you have to select the option that says Settings and privacy.
- In this new options menu, select "Your Account".
- Once you enter this section, you need to go to the bottom of the screen, there you will see an option that says "Deactivate your account." This time it will change to a new screen to continue the process.
- You must press "Disable" and enter your password to confirm the hibernation process. Thus, after the specified time, the account and everything registered in it will be permanently deleted.
How to delete Twitter account From your computer
Windows and Mac OS are two of the most widely used Operating Systems for computers. It is also possible from one of these two platforms to access Twitter. You can use Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome, Safari, Opera or any other browser you like. If you wish to unsubscribe from this microblogging social network, you must follow the steps shown below:
- The next point is to start your web browser. You have two options for logging into the Twitter page. One is to go to Google and write "twitter" and click on the first result that is displayed. The second option you have is that you have to write the URL: https://www.twitter.com/ and press Enter.
- Click the button that says "Sign In" which is white and blue. It's on the right side of the screen. Once the login screen is displayed, you will need to enter your username, email or phone number and password.
- If you do not remember your password, you must click "Forgot your password?" and write your email. Once you have done this, you can continue the process of being able to delete your Twitter account.
- If you have already entered your account, you will need to enter your Twitter profile. Click on the profile picture displayed on the top bar of the page.
- Once you are there, you need to go to "Settings and privacy". Which is the section where all the settings for the Twitter account are located.
- You enter the section called "Account", then you have to go to the bottom of the screen and you will see an option that says "Deactivate account."
- You must press the "Deactivate" button and confirm with your password. This is all you have to do.
Why delete your account?
In this case, the user might end up deleting their account because they had another account or just created one, maybe even because they received a lot of malicious comments. Those are two very valid reasons to be able to close your Twitter account.
Also Read: How to change your Twitter username
Another reason an account is deleted is that there is too much unwanted content, so it's easier to delete the entire account and create a new one. It can also happen that the account has been hacked at some point and they prefer to delete it for security reasons. Among others, this is the most common.