How to get more fps in fortnite - What is the most important aspect of grinding in Fortnite for all players? The high FPS. It may be an important aspect for almost every game, but Fortnite requires more raw FPS power. You can't get a lag spike when you're in the game or you could be killed by a player wearing the Prowler or Dr.Strange skin.
With the new Season 2 Chapter 3 update, things are going to get a lot more interesting and tense. While increasing your FPS won't necessarily make you a better player, it can help you most of the time. So, here is our guide on how to get more FPS in Fortnite.
How to get more FPS in Fortnite?
Before going into the details, you need to check the minimum requirements to run Fortnite on your PC. Here are the minimum requirements to run Fortnite:
- Video card: Intel HD 4000 on PC or Intel Iris Pro 5200.
- Processor: At least Core i3-3225 3.3 GHz.
- Memory: At least 4 GB of RAM.
- Operating System: Windows 7/8/10, 64-bit or Mac OS Mojave 10.14.6
Also Read: How to get 120 fps on xbox series s
If you have specs similar to or higher than these, you can expect the game to run more smoothly. If not, then following these methods might also not do much for you. Mentioned below are all the methods to increase FPS in Fortnite:
Check for updates
Update your Windows by following these steps:
- Tap the Start button > Settings > Update & security > Check for updates.
Update your graphics card driver:
- Control Panel > Device Manager > Double click on Display adapters > Right click on graphic controller > Update driver option.
Update the Fortnite:
- Open the Epic games launcher > Library > Click on the 3 dotted lines next to Fortnite > Select the Verify option.
Keep your PC cool
- Make sure your PC doesn't overheat to get more FPS.
- If your device does not return to normal temperature and gets negatively hot, you should check its vents as well as the cooling fans.
- Clean the vents and cooling fans for any dust blockage.
- You can use a can of compressed air or an air duster to clean the dust inside your PC or laptop.
Reduce the load on your PC
- With some background processes running, make sure to clear them to optimize Fortnite.
- You can press Ctrl + Shift + Esc to check the background processes.
- Next, select the End Task option to kill apps that are taking up too much RAM.
- Chrome has the potential to take up most of your RAM space, so make sure to clear it to reduce the load on your RAM.
Also Read: Vbucksreal.com | Vboxreal.com | Get Free Vbucks fortnite unlimited via vbucks real.com
Optimize your disks to get more FPS
- Press the Start button > Find Defragment and optimize drives > Click on the hard drive with the Fortnite > Press Optimize.
- This may take some time depending on how fragmented your hard drive is.
Performance mode in Fortnite
- Launch Fortnite > Go to menu > Video > Toggle render option with alpha performance.
- This mode works best for players with minimal device specs who want to play the game at a smoother frame rate.