How To Unlock iPhone with Apple Watch - Apple today released the first developer beta of iOS 14.5 and watchOS 7.4, bringing major changes to the integration between iPhone and Apple Watch. Now you can use Apple Watch to unlock your iPhone while wearing a face mask for the first time. How it works is described below.
There are several things that catch your eye immediately. First and foremost, it requires the latest developer beta of iOS 14.5 and watchOS 7.4. For now, the public beta isn't available yet, but we hope it will be released this week soon. Then, we hope iOS 14.5 and watchOS 7.4 reach everyone in the next few months.
How To Unlock iPhone with Apple Watch
To activate Unlock iphone with Apple Watch, open the Settings app on your iPhone, then look for the “Face ID & Passcode” setting. After you enable this feature, your Apple Watch authenticates your iPhone as long as the following conditions are met:
- If Face ID detects a mask
- If your Apple Watch is nearby
- If your Apple Watch is on your wrist
- If your Apple Watch is unlocked
- If your Apple Watch has a passcode enabled
Another thing to keep in mind here is that if you disable the wrist detection feature of the Apple Watch, you cannot unlock the iPhone with the Apple Watch.
When you activate the feature, your iPhone will automatically unlock with your Apple Watch, even when you are wearing a face mask. When your iPhone is unlocked, you will receive haptic feedback on the Apple Watch notifying you that your iPhone is unlocked by the Apple Watch. There is also an option to quickly “Lock” iPhone right in this Apple Watch notification. This feature is similar to the version of the Apple Watch unlock feature on Mac, but looks faster.
Also Read: How To Hold Conference Call With Your iPhone
Convenient and fast system
The function of this system is transparent enough for the user after activating it. Like I said before, you should try it wearing a mask and you will see how your iPhone is unlocked at the same time as your Apple Watch. the sound of locks ring and vibrates on your wrist. However, there are situations where this unlock system will not work to provide more security:
- When we restarted the iPhone, we had to enter the unlock code before we could use Face ID and therefore unlock it with the Apple Watch.
- The first time we try to unlock the phone with a mask, it will ask us to unlock the code.
- If the Apple Watch is more than two meters away, the Apple Watch will ask us for the unlock code, and unlocking with Face ID or Apple Watch won't work anymore until we manually enter it.
- If we block the iPhone via a notification that appears on our Apple Watch, we will have to manually enter the code for Face ID and unlock the Apple Watch for it to work again.
- It doesn't work when sleep mode is turned on.
Also Read: How to enable night mode on iPhone camera, Night mode camera on iphone
That is the information that can be shared about How to Unlock iPhone with Apple Watch, I hope this information is useful for you